Voted five times as one of the best places to work in New Orleans, Ryan Gootee General Contractors, LLC, a National AGC Build America Award-winning licensed commercial General Contractor, is seeking a Chief Financial Officer. Candidates who are entrepreneurial-minded, detail oriented, fast-paced, and versatile will thrive in our growing company. We are seeking a Chief Financial Officer to aid with the next chapter of growth who can assist with the development of sustainable business practices, help increase profitability, and monitor and direct the implementation of strategic business plans.
Our core values of DO the Right Thing, BUILD Lifelong Relationships, Be FAIR to Everyone, SELL Performance, and ENJOY a Work-Family Culture make us who we are. Our work style is collaborative, supportive, and empowering. Our management is committed to leading team members to growth and success.
The Chief Financial Officer is responsible for the growth and performance of the company through oversight and direction in the areas of Accounting, Finance, Human Resources, Administration, Risk Management, and Information Technology. This role is tasked with management of related staff and provides strategic and operational direction to improve the company’s practices in each area.
With a small accounting team, the CFO collects, monitors, and analyzes data to ensure the financial success of all projects, and creates and executes initiatives to improve profitability. Through direct supervision by the President and COO, the CFO is responsible for the development of personnel and procedures that meet the profitability demands of our high-speed, growth-oriented company as we execute complex construction projects throughout the Greater New Orleans Area.
· Provide leadership in the planning, evaluation, and execution of the company’s future initiatives and strategic direction
· Develop and monitor programs for increased profitability with the company’s current operations and offerings
· Plan for capital expenditures related to growth opportunities
· Develop performance measures to monitor key metrics related to company targets
· Explore opportunities to increase profits
· Supervise purchasing processes and procedures
· Join and participate in industry associations: CFMA, AGC, etc.
· Participate in networking opportunities and community involvement
· Seek opportunities for continuing education and training for yourself and staff
· Manage and negotiate annual 3rd party contract renewals
· Lead and direct the work of the Accounting team and related functions (A/P, A/R and Payroll)
· Create and analyze forecasts with regular frequency to project company trends
· Develop tools to monitor and directly manage cash flow and ensure that Accounts Receivable are collected timely
· Develop and implement budgets company-wide to monitor performance in accordance with company growth plans
· Compile, monitor, and report on job cost and project performance and provide actionable recommendations in event of variances
· Ensure that all controls are in place to safeguard assets and comply with applicable laws, taxation authorities, and GAAP reporting
· Schedule month end close out meetings with executive management
· Overall responsibility for accurate and timely reporting of all financial functions
· Lead and direct the work of the Company’s Human Resources Manager
· Ensure compliance with all legal employer regulations and HR best practices
· Oversee successful management and implementation of cost-effective employee benefits programs
· Develop programs to recruit top talent and foster a culture of continuous improvement
· Lead information technology committee
· Enthusiastically research and source an accounting software solution that best integrates with our current business processes
· Manage 3rd party information technology consultant, cybersecurity, and associated risks
Administration + Risk Management
· Participate in the negotiation of new agreements and the administration of existing contracts
· Execute and direct risk management practices, insurance program (including builders risk), and lien processes
· Handle insurance claims, potential claims, and follow ups on claims
· Work with Safety consultant and COO to ensure safety program is adhered to and in compliance with all applicable regulations
· Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting, Finance or related field preferred
· CPA designation and/or MBA preferred
· Previous experience in a financial managerial position
· Advanced computer skills, including proficiency in MS Office
· Exceptional communication skills
· Results-oriented, strategic thinker