Here at Ryan Gootee General Contractors we provide a fun, dynamic, and supportive culture for all of our employees. We’re committed to leading our team members to growth and success in a family friendly environment and are looking for the ideal candidate to help us continue to be an award-winning, highly respected commercial general contractor. Our commitment to excellence is an everyday mission and has been rewarded by being named New Orleans CityBusiness “Best Places To Work” 6 times!
Along with being part of a team that focuses on supporting and empowering each other, other benefits include employee paid healthcare, a 401k with company match, cell phone reimbursement, on site yoga & boot camp, monthly team outings, continuing education reimbursement, and profit sharing. The company has been profitable every year since its inception which provides the stability all employees’ desire. Each of these factors contributes to our exceptionally high retention rate.
Responsible for maintaining day-to-day accounting functions.
What you’ll do:
- Prepare year-end audit information and schedules, annual insurance, 401K audit, maintaining annual budgets, and year-end financial statement reviews
- Maintain Company Chart of Accounts
- Oversee internal control policies and procedures, recommending updates when warranted
- Monthly close positions and month end analysis, reviewing month and year end general ledger accounts
- Develop and maintain accounting system BI Dashboards
- Coordinate with Operations team to properly set up jobs in the accounting system
- Work closely with Operations to develop solutions when accounting system issues arise. Be an informational resource for entire company
- Develop and maintain vendor relationships. Answer all vendor inquiries and analyze vendor accounts (statements)
- Maintain vendor compliance (Insurance, W-9’s, Subcontract Agreements, Lien Releases, etc…)
- Prepare 1099’s – Year End compliance
- Maintain all Organizational, Local, State and Federal license renewals
- Make relevant tax filings and payments and ensure RGGC’s compliance with all applicable laws
- Complete special projects as assigned
What we’re looking for:
- Bachelor Degree in Accounting or Finance
- Certified Public Accountant (CPA)
- 2-4 years’ experience in public accounting or relevant industry work
- Experience with budgeting and cost accounting
- Detail oriented and excellent organization and communication skills
- Able to manage multiple projects simultaneously and able to adapt to changing demands and priorities